Saturday, May 12, 2012

Anorexia Barbie

Lauren just opened one of the last birthday presents and it’s a Barbie with terribly thin legs. I understand that girls like Barbies, but the image they present is one of a six foot six grown woman with DDD sized breast, a sixteen inch waist and legs all the way up to Magic Johnson (wait, that might be something for a later blog), I mean Kareem Abdul-Jabbbar. People theorize that this may not be a great role model for children. I don’t disagree. But who takes a Barbie away from their child?

Now the Barbie looks like she has Anorexia Nervosa with legs you could accidently break like match sticks. Personally, I think women don’t need matchstick legs to be attractive and it’s generally better and more attractive for the to have some lean muscle there and elsewhere.

So I am proposing Gym-Rat Barbie, a Barbie who goes to the gym, plays sports like volleyball and golf and eats a sensible diet and works out for the fun and pleasure of it (something foreign to me unfortunately), wears sunscreen and doesn’t date that dog Ken.

I think the man for Barbie is a guy who does lots of reading, writing, doing (like fixing cars and woodwork, both things I am terrible at) and only occasionally acting like a total Ken and obsessing about his looks and his sport car. Let’s call him (I’m using my action-adventure

announcer voice) Jack Johnson, Action Hero (much better than that pussy Ken).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed my blog.