Saturday, March 24, 2012

Problems with Piles

People have always accused me of being a slob. Not in the way I dress and not in the way I look, but in the way I live. I tell you it ain't easy being me, especially trying to organize myself. I did a few stand up comedy shows in the 90's and one of my catch phrases was "I'm not a slob, I just have free range sox!" I realize that may not mean anything to you now, but back in the day, there was a lot of buzz about free range chickens. The idea was that free range chickens were better to eat than the ones who live their lives in cages (Makes you rethink your cubicle, doesn't it?). The idea actually came from my dad, who while married to my mother was always leaving his socks out in the living room after he had revealed his big hairy feet to us all. I honestly can't remember the rest of my bit about being a slob.

But, back to my problem with piles. I have always known I was not good at keeping things orderly. I bought a book about getting organized, but I lost it. So, rather than go down that path again, I have decided to muddle through the best I can. Which means picking a pile and getting it organized tomorrow.

Really, I am going to tackle my problem tomorrow. I promise.

I think procrastination and organization are two sides of the same coin. When you were in school you didn't postpone writing that ten page paper until the night before because you had done kick-ass research and balls-on analysis, you did it because you had no freaking idea how in the hell you were going to write the paper. Just as I have no idea how I am going to deal with my piles tomorrow.

ok. Now I do. I am going to go to the Container Store to buy some boxes. I even Mapquested it and printed out directions. Now, where is my wallet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed my blog.